September 7, 2006

Beerakaya Curry with Milk

Beerakaya (Ridge Gourd) cooked with milk.



BEERAKAYA KORA:
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15 min

INGREDIENTS:
3 to 4 fresh beerakaya
some chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
1 cup milk
For Poppu/Tadka:
6 Red Chillies
6 Curry Leaves
1tps mustard seed
1/2 tps cumin seeds
1/2 tps urad dal
Pinch of Turmeric
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1)Wash and Peel the beerakaya. Chop the beerakaya into cubes.

2)Chop onions. Keep the ingredients aside.

3)In a pan, put popu with the above ingredients. Red Chillies, mustard seed, cumin seeds, urad dal. Let it splutter for a sec. then add onions and curry leaves, let it fry till they are golden brown. Then add, pinch of turmeric and salt to taste. Mix it well. Add the chopped beerakaya and mix it well. Add the milk.

4)Then cover it for a few mins. Then cook it with out the lid for some time.

5)Garnish with some chopped cilantro/coriander leaves. It’s ready to serve with warm rice or roti. It’s mild spicy and yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to to thank you for this excellent read!
! I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to
look at new things you post…
Also visit my weblog : weightloss clinics

Anonymous said...

I need to to thank you for this excellent read!! I absolutely
enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to look at
new things you post…
my web site > weightloss clinics